Retirees: Continue to Serve
Numerous high schools and colleges in your area have Mentor Programs. Programs differ between schools. One program I supported required me to go to the High school twice a month to meet with the student I was mentoring. We just talked about how he was doing in school, his goals and opportunities in the Air Force. Another Mentor program I work with is 500 miles from my home so the students contact me via e-mail. This is a great opportunity to continue to represent the Air Force and make a difference in a young person’s life.
Air Force Reserve Recruiters need your help! It’s up to the Air Force Reserve Recruiter to find officers willing to conduct the enlistment ceremonies. I find it very rewarding to put the uniform on two or three times a month and conduct the ceremonies.
Visit the angling side of Veteranangler.com to see how I’m gaining more exposure for the US Air Force.
Please send me an e-mail with other ideas or to share your experiences. I’ll add them to the list here. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Defense Finance and Accounting Office: https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx
- Medical (TRICARE): http://www.tricare.osd.mil/
- Air Force Association: http://www.afa.org/
- Military Officers Association: http://www.moaa.org/
- Disabled Veterans Association: http://www.dav.org/
- Air Force: http://airforce.com/
- Air Force Reserve: http://www.afreserve.com/
- Air National Guard: http://www.goang.com/flashhome.aspx